• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reduced prison term

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

destiny8

What is the name of your state? California

Currently the state of California requires that an inmate serves 85% of his/her sentence, there are rumors that the amount of time served may be reduced to 65%, does anyone have any information......

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

destiny8 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Currently the state of California requires that an inmate serves 85% of his/her sentence, there are rumors that the amount of time served may be reduced to 65%, does anyone have any information......

My response:

Don't count on THAT happening!

As long as I can breathe, and punch a voting card, that will never happen in California.

IAAL

calatty

That rumor has been going around since the enactment of Penal Code section 2933.3 last year. It gives 2 for 1, or 66% credit to inmates assigned to the conservation camp (to fight fires). That does not affect many inmates, and serious offenders would not generally be assigned to a camp anyway. Never trust rumors that prisoners in California will be serving less time, they are always false.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">