• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reduction of sentence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elyssaelvin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? louisiana.
My boyfriend and I got into an altercation in april of last year and my son and I were injured by his vehicle. In nov, 2009 he was sentenced to 7 years on the charges of second degree aggravated assault and second aggravated cruelty of a juvenile. We have all made amends and are trying to get his sentence reduced. It is too late to file a reconsideration of sentencing. What other options are available. I have written the judge and have not received a response. What else can I do?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? louisiana.
My boyfriend and I got into an altercation in april of last year and my son and I were injured by his vehicle. In nov, 2009 he was sentenced to 7 years on the charges of second degree aggravated assault and second aggravated cruelty of a juvenile. We have all made amends and are trying to get his sentence reduced. It is too late to file a reconsideration of sentencing. What other options are available. I have written the judge and have not received a response. What else can I do?
How old is the child? Is the child HIS child...or just yours?:confused:

What were the injuries to you and the child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">