• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relief from firearms disabilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigkhan

What is the name of your state? PA
I have a misdemeanor charge of Prohibited offensive weapons from when I was 18, I'm now 26 and unable to pass the insta check to purchase firearms. I need to know how I could apply for Relief from firearms disabilities. I had went to the ATF's web site and they say that it is taken care of by the state attorny general. I had contacted them and asked how to apply for relief and they said they can't give "legal advice"

HomeGuru

bigkhan said:
What is the name of your state? PA
I have a misdemeanor charge of Prohibited offensive weapons from when I was 18, I'm now 26 and unable to pass the insta check to purchase firearms. I need to know how I could apply for Relief from firearms disabilities. I had went to the ATF's web site and they say that it is taken care of by the state attorny general. I had contacted them and asked how to apply for relief and they said they can't give "legal advice"
**A: why are you unable to pass the check?

B

bigkhan

Section 6105(a) States that ... Persons convicted of any of the following ofenses under 18 Pa.C.S. from possessing, using, controlling, transfering, manufacturing, or obtaining a license to possess, use, control, transfer, or manufatture a firearm in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A conviction includes a finding of guilty or the entering of a plea of guilty or nolo contendere, weather or not judgement has been imposed, as determined by the law of the jurisdiction in which the prosecution was held. the term does not include a conviction which has been expunged or overturned or for which an individual has been pardoned unless the pardon expressly provides that the individual may not possess or transport firearms.
And in Section 6105(b) they list all of the charges the first on the list is SS 908 Prohibited Offensive Weapons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">