• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reopen closed case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AdamS

What is the name of your state? MO

My former stepmom is trying to get me in jail. A few years ago, I received a 1 year suspended imposition of sentence and community service. I did the time, complied with the courts in every way, and the case was closed (off my record). My stepmom is pleading with the county (I was in municpal court) to retry the case and sentence me to jail time (she hates my dad and is just trying to piss him off through me).

Can they do that since I have already done the time and the case was closed. I have been clean since.

JETX

Depends. If you have completed your probation COMPLETELY, then the matter cannot be revisited.

However, if you are still on probation and she has evidence to support that you have violated same, then she can certainly contact the courts or your probation officer with the evidence and they could review your probation and reinstate the original sentence if appropriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">