• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request for fingerprints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Inigma81

I live in Virginia and have been on low-level supervision probation for about 7 months. (I don't have to report in person every month, but instead report with roboCUFF via telephone.) I was previously arrested two times, and both times my fingerprints were processed through the machine at intake. The other day, my probation officer called me and asked me to schedule a time when I could come in to get fingerprinted. I find this odd, considering the correctional facility already has them on file, as well as a DNA sample. I was just wondering why I would need to be fingerprinted again? Perhaps the department of probation needs them for a separate file?

quincy

I live in Virginia and have been on low-level supervision probation for about 7 months. (I don't have to report in person every month, but instead report with roboCUFF via telephone.) I was previously arrested two times, and both times my fingerprints were processed through the machine at intake. The other day, my probation officer called me and asked me to schedule a time when I could come in to get fingerprinted. I find this odd, considering the correctional facility already has them on file, as well as a DNA sample. I was just wondering why I would need to be fingerprinted again? Perhaps the department of probation needs them for a separate file?
You could ask your probation officer this question and his answer is probably going to be more accurate than any guesses we could make - although your thoughts the additional prints might be needed for a separate file seems a good guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">