• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restoration of Civil Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DLARUSSA

What is the name of your state?Arkansas

Hi, I would like to know the steps to take on how to get civil rights restored. I have searched till I`m blue in the face trying to find the exact steps to take and can`t get anywhere. My boyfriend was arrested in 1979 for Aggravated Assault in Piggott, Arkansas, Clay County. He completed his sentence, including parole in 1989. He now lives in Mesa, AZ, and has remained a law abiding citizen. He would like to know who to contact and what steps to take to get his rights restored. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

X

xandermontegue

expunge

First thing is to get his record expunge. Get a lawyer and they will file the paper work with the d.a. in the city where he was sentenced after that he has to wait a year and petition the governor of arkansas for the reinstatement of civil rights. how that works i dont know. i had my record expunged but have moved from arkansas to nc and am having problems finding out the process for the reinstatement of civil rights. I hope that helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">