• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restoration of Civil Rights in New Hampshire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bostonian17

I was wondering if anyone knew how to restore Civil Rights in New Hampshire? I was convicted of 3 Felonies back in 1993 (16 years ago) when I was 18 years old. I only spent approx 10 days in jail and had 2 years of probation and some community service. I have not been in any trouble since what so ever. The problem is that because of some new laws changes I am no longer allowed to work in the industry that I have been in for more than 12 years and am now unemployed and have been for six months with a Family that I am trying to support. My past has never haunted me until now and desperately need help. Thank you for any advice and help!!

*Convictions were

1) Breaking and Entering

2) 2 counts of witness tampering

Last edited:

FlyingRon

I was wondering if anyone knew how to restore Civil Rights in New Hampshire?
Your civil (voting, jury, holding office) rights should have been restored on final discharge. If you're talking about firearms, then your only chance is a executive (governor's) pardon.
The problem is that because of some new laws changes I am no longer allowed to work in the industry that I have been in for more than 12 years and am now unemployed and have been for six months with a Family that I am trying to support.
We've got no idea how to help if you don't explain what it is you are talking about.

Bostonian17

I don’t care about firearms, but need to get licensing (Insurance, Real Estate for example) and cannot do so. Do you (or anyone) know how to pursue a Governors Pardon in New Hampshire and what the likely hood of actually getting a Pardon is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">