• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail theft Fingerprint what next

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nimsaj

I live in Reading P.A.... On November on black Friday I when shopping at Jcp. I bought a a pack of bedding sheets, which I saw a little tag that said 14.99 I was surprised since it was so big. When I went to pay for it I asked the lady if that was the real price. They told me no, that the actual prices was 54 dollars, and told me that it could be 14.99 because they were new. when I arrive home I open it and notice that it was dirt and it smell like smoke, and it was missing some parts. Which is why I returned. Then I went to get another one, Before I went down stair to pay for it I check it and I found out that it had extra pieces. well then I took all of my stuff and went to pay for it. Once I finish I was leaving and two LPO stop me and asked me if they could have a talk with me, there they accused me of stealing and that they had prove because they saw me and they had me on camera, I explain to them that the item had extra stuff in it and the only thing that was not supposed to be there were a pair of red curtain which I guess I accidentally put it in when I but all of the bedding items back into the bag. I answer all their question and she they made sign a paper. I Found it odd that they did not call the police, once they took my information they took a picture of me and let me go. Now I received a letter that said that I have to appear for fingerprints... I don't know what to do I am scared that I would have to do jail time. I Don't know what is going to happen next could anyone help me please.

FlyingRon

You need a lawyer. First off there is a chance you aren't guilty but your story is a bit confusing to me. In addition, if you have no criminal record a program called ARD allows you to do probation and community service and if you complete that they will dismiss the charge. Even if you are guilty it is unlikely you'll get jail for first time petty theft. Court costs (which in Berks will run like $1500) and probation are likely. Hopefully you'll get a sympathetic ADA. THe DA Baldwin there is a complete ass hole.

outonbail

I explain to them that the item had extra stuff in it and the only thing that was not supposed to be there were a pair of red curtain which I guess I accidentally put it in when I but all of the bedding items back into the bag.
During your first trip to the store, you just happen to find a $54.00 bedding set, with a price tag of $14.99 placed on it.
On your next trip, to return the bedding set which you had to pay full price for, you accidentally stuff red curtains into the new bedding set?

You don't actually expect anyone to buy this innocent sounding rendition of the event do you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">