• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revocation Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stormycat72

Last year I was convicted of Domestic Violence and given a deferred sentence provided I behave myself for 2 years, pay a 500 dollar fine, and attend an anger management class. During the course of the proceedings I lost my job, lost my apartment. I could not pay for the classes and fines, I worked alot of overtime and in July called the courthouse to make a substantial payment of my fines it was at this time they told me it had been sent to a collections agency, I asked at this time if I was in any trouble and was told NO. Initially I thought I had up to the end of my probationary period to take this class and pay the fines, however I found out I was scheduled to take the class in april of this year and was given a failure to comply because I was not there (and did not know I was supposed to be there due to the fact that I was no longer at my old mailing address), given a failure to show for a court appearance which I did not know I had and issued a bench warrant. In august when I went to schedule a time to take the class I found this all out. I went to the courthouse and paid the fine to quash the warrant. And took the class. I have a revocation hearing to go to on the 22nd of next month and I'm worried that if they send me to jail I will loose my current job, causing me to start over yet again. I have completed the class and paid the fines. Any thoughts as to what the judge will do or any advice??

StormyCat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">