• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoke my Probation??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LifeBegins@25

I am in McLean County - hard ass county if you been here!!
ILLINOIS

I am halfway through 36 Months probation
I Plead from a burglary charge and two attempted down to just one attempted.
My sentence is: 1. pay fines(done) 2.pay restitution(done) 3.pay probation(still on it so i have time to pay it ...LOL) 4. Complete recommended alcohol treatment.(halfway through)

This is the first problem i have, the states attorney has a petition to revoke my probation, also did not send notice of this to me, went to court and got a continuance without me, and has yet to notify me of the new date, i only know this because i asked the circuit clerk if i had any pending court dates, which i apparently do now*above case only* i asked because they asked me if i was in court recenty which seemed odd! Anyway,thay filed it because i am only halfway through my treatment, i went to their office and got a copy of the first petition and was told i cannot get a copy of the new notice telling me when my new date is , but if it is not mailed to me to call them and ask for it??? I am not too worried about that because i would have had a continuance filed anyway because by the time i get to court i will be done so it will have to be dismissed right, at least that is what my probation officer said today in our meeting before problem 2 arose.
Problem 2
Here is the tricky part i need help with. I couldn't provide a urine sample for testing even after hydrating and staying at the office for three hours. My probation officer said i had commited a violation by not being able to pee and he is going to have to file a petition of his own to revoke? I was not/have never been arreseted/convicted of any drug or alcohol charges. I was on probation for over a year and compliant. My probation officer quit and i was assigned to my current one who decided I need to be drug tested by the county office at my own expense every few months even though the previous one never mentioned or had me tested. I have a documented medical condition that prevents me from consistently being able to supply a urine sample, I was able to in the past and i came up clean. My condition is hit or miss and embarrasing as well, it is not my fault and I don't do any drugs or drink. I have to pay for this and the consequences, legally and financially so why shouldn't i be able to go where I want and have them send a report to my PO. I asked my PO and he said they don't allow that even though i know for a fact other people on probation do it.
I contacted an independant lab and am submitting to a BLOOD test for drugs since i am at a low point in my illness that wont allow me to submit a urine test. This is five times more expensive and i am still doing it voluntarily and
paying for it. I will have the results by next weekend and will forward them to my probation officer.

questions for other members:
why am i being drug tested now?
do i have to have a test done whenever they request it?
is an independent lab test acceptable?
am i doing anything wrong/doing all i can? any helpful advice or information?
finally i don't care about going to court as much as the money i am spending on this, odds are i will be going with a public defender. what do i need to tell him to do as they usually don't suggest much to help.
My ass is on the line but the judge seems like a good guy and wants to see me stay out of trouble-he told me this at sentenceing. So it will take several months to get into all these so any help would be much help.

Just turned 25, want no more trouble.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">