• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

running out of county case concurrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jana9/13

The name of my state is California. My question is for my commonlaw husband of 15 years who is doing time in Tehachapi California Correctional Institution State Prison. His name is Roddy and I would like to know if he can get an out of county case run concurrent without having to appear in the court. He would like to be able to do it that way since if he had to travel to appear in court, he would have to start at square 1 again when he was returned to Tehachapi. Can he write the D.A. a letter requesting this or is there any way that this could be done?

calatty

He has to be present in court for sentencing, no way around that. He can make a Penal Code section 1381 request for trial and/or sentencing if dates have not been sent yet. Samples are floating around the prisons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">