• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sentence reduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shelbylove

What is the name of your state? I live in Georgia, and would like to know if there is a statue of limitations on filing for a sentence reduction?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shelbylove said:
What is the name of your state? I live in Georgia, and would like to know if there is a statue of limitations on filing for a sentence reduction?

TOP 10 Ways You Can Get A Prison Reduction In Georgia - -

NUMBER 10: Whale grease. Slip through bars.

NUMBER 9: Lose weight. Slip through bars.

NUMBER 8: Dress up as IAAL. Fools the guards everytime!

NUMBER 7: Before being considered for early release, he must return the three dozen stolen towels to the prison laundry.

NUMBER 6: "What . . . we have here . . . is failure to communicate!"

NUMBER 5: To qualify for early release, your husband must be "Prisoner #3275." Too bad, he's Prisoner #3274.

NUMBER 4: Your husband would have to convince the parole board that if Mike Tyson were in Prison with him, that he could beat Tyson senseless.

NUMBER 3: "Hi, parole board? -- I'm phoning from prison. Can I get out now?"

NUMBER 2: There is no early release for your husband. He's in prison for gluing a giant wig and fake nose onto the head of the Lincoln Memorial.

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Way You Can Get A Prison Reduction In Georgia - -

Dying before the end of your sentence!

IAAL

S

shelbylove

very professional......What kind of **** is that? I came here with a serious, adult question, and you have just proved to me that false advertising lives and breaths on the net... If you can't give intelligent information, then don't say anything at all.

JETX

"would like to know if there is a statue of limitations on filing for a sentence reduction?"
*** Yes.

S

shelbylove

ooooookkkkkkk...You people are so full of wisdom and intellect. so now would you happen to know what that limitation is? I think I need to go where people actually know something about law.

JETX

"so now would you happen to know what that limitation is?"
*** Yes.

"I think I need to go where people actually know something about law."
*** Or maybe you need to lighten up when responding to a fellow senior member. See, the accuracy of our answers is totally contingent on the details and content of your post and request. When you ask a vague question like "does anyone know..... ", the answer will always be yes, because someone knows.

Now, if you are looking for a more definitive answer, you need to provide ALL the information required and ask a logical question to get that answer.

S

shelbylove

well......lets see..... A polite well mannered person would give the information in whole terms. If I was asked a simular question, I would respond with....Yes and that limitation is..... Common sense would tell you that if I wanted to know if there was a limitation then I probably don't know what the statue is either....But hey its all good.....I see that to receive any information in here, I must write a book with minute to minute details. I consider myself an intelligent, polite, well mannered, respectful person.....but to earn respect you have to give it. Senior or not.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shelbylove said:
well......lets see..... A polite well mannered person would give the information in whole terms. If I was asked a simular question, I would respond with....Yes and that limitation is..... Common sense would tell you that if I wanted to know if there was a limitation then I probably don't know what the statue is either....But hey its all good.....I see that to receive any information in here, I must write a book with minute to minute details. I consider myself an intelligent, polite, well mannered, respectful person.....but to earn respect you have to give it. Senior or not.

My response:

Well ........ let's see ....... A real concerned citizen wouldn't be asking about "reducing" someone's criminal sentence. A real concerned citizen would be concerned about Public Safety, and want to keep a criminal in prison as long as possible.

How's that?

Bottom line - - we don't help criminals.

IAAL

P.S. There's no such word as "simular". The word is "similar."

Last edited:
H

hmmbrdzz

:D I knew I could get one heck of good laugh if I came to sentencing, expunging, and parole.

hmmbrdzz

S

shelbylove

Lets see.......I don't think my question was how to help a criminal. I asked a legal question, and if I remember correctly thats what this site is suppose to be for. Apparently I was wrong. But my biggest mistake was actually thinking that this site would of some use. I will correct that mistake and find a site where there are mature, intelligent individuals that will discuss legal situations like adults.

H

hmmbrdzz

JETX said:
Might I suggest the following site:
http://www.oprah.com or
http://www.drphil.com

I understand that they take a particular liking to sniveling, whiney posters.
:)

Oh the memories! Oh the humor...... :D . It is good to me, albeit poster I've been on receiving end before. LOL. Been away long enough that my sides were hurting last night after reading here.

Yeah.... I would say you have seen your mistake coming here and now qualify to go find another site. In addition to Jetx's recommendations, you might try the NAACP or the ACLU or the Prisoner's RIghts' Advocacy Council.

Or......You can always just forget about your legal woes and stick around here for the laughs! All I had to do was look at your subject line, and I knew I'd find something funny here. This thread was the first one I read when I came here last night after having been gone for three months. After you've been here a while -- you can smell the good ones.

Good smelling coffee this a.m.

hmmbrdzz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Hey, hmmbrdzz!

Nice to see you back. Hope your vacation was wonderful. Isn't this thread a real "hoot"?

I especially like our writer's statement, "I don't think my question was how to help a criminal." Yet, she's on the Criminal Law forum, and she's asking about a "sentence reduction."

Hmmm, I wonder . . . if she not talking about a criminal, what other class of person would require a "sentence reduction"?

Anyway, it's good to have you back.

IAAL

S

shelbylove

You people are so funny, but I guess thats what happens when you can't get a degree in law, you joke about it. Now to answer your question in reverse....If you don't help criminals, then why are you in a FREEADVICE legal forum? As far as the reasons for my questions, I don't feel the need to explain or make excuses.. The title says Freeadvice and hey its suppose to be legal advice.....not opinion poll, cause frankly I could give a rats ass what any of you uneducated rednecks think or feel..but you guys really need to buy a legal aid book, if you intend to give at least half way intelligent answers to questions. At least make an attempt to fake out the new comers into thinking you have some professionalism. I know, I'll give you a minute to look up a few words, so you'll know exactly what I just said. Last post......I am so out of this sorry excuse for a legal forum. My 12 year old is smarter than you people.

H

happynow

Remember, shelbylove, You get what you pay for. If you want advice from someone who has to be nice to you and make you feel all warm and fuzzy about getting a criminal out of prision early, you need to get a lawyer. This site is to help people in need, not druggies trying to get out of a conviction, or Joe Drunk that just got his 5th DUI, or any toher convict that just wants out early. Do the crime, do the time!!!!
Oh, and by the way, some of the rednecks you are bashing are lawyers. (Rednecks in L.A....Never would have thunk it.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">