• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentence Reduction?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trueblue!

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a friend that is in prison on a captial murder charge doing a life sentence. He has been in for 14 years. No weapon was found but states evidence was turned in against him. An appeal was never done. He states that his lawyer didn't provide him with good representation. Can you please tell me if it is worth doing an appeal, if so, what kind? Is it possible for him to get a sentence reduction or anything**************or has he waited to late.
Thank You!

JETX

He states that his lawyer didn't provide him with good representation. Can you please tell me if it is worth doing an appeal, if so, what kind?
What he 'thinks' is not relevant. As for 'worth an appeal', no one can answer without reviewing the ENTIRE case file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">