• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sentence reduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rccooper

In 1991 I was arrested for burglary, and attempted burglary. I was sentenced to two 15-year sentences. I was released on parole in 1992. Since that time I have not received so much as a single traffic ticket. I have remarried my ex-wife and had a child who is now 7. I have enrolled in college full time and received an associate’s degree while working a part time job 30 – 50 hours a week and supporting a family of 4. I have served 11 years of my 15-year sentence and have never caused a single problem for my parole officer. I was recently offered a job that paid approx $30 per hour. The job was approx 200 miles from my home so I would have to spend the week in a hotel and come home on the weekend, I thought that would be ok since I have no restriction on traveling in the State of Texas. When I told my parole officer about the job he told me that I could not accept it. His reason was that if I spent the weekdays in a hotel it would be considered moving and that was not possible. My question is after serving 11 of 15 years do I have a chance of getting a sentence reduction and is there a petition that I can file in the court asking for a reduction in sentence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">