• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sentence reduction application form?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rumplestiltskin

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
Is there an application or a form that can be filled out by someone in prison to reduce their sentence if they are in for a non-violent drug possession crime? I think it might have been something like a HF-1037 form called form to reduce sentencing.
If there is such an application where would one locate this information?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rumplestiltskin said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota
Is there an application or a form that can be filled out by someone in prison to reduce their sentence if they are in for a non-violent drug possession crime? I think it might have been something like a HF-1037 form called form to reduce sentencing.
If there is such an application where would one locate this information?

My response:

The form you're looking for is inside any Monopoly game.

IAAL

R

rumplestiltskin

Thank you

Thank you so much for your replies. I knew in my heart it sounded to good to be true but my brother was so excited when he heard about it that I just had to check on it for him. I guess he will learn now more than ever that a drug addiction is not worth it.
Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Thank you

rumplestiltskin said:
Thank you so much for your replies. I knew in my heart it sounded to good to be true but my brother was so excited when he heard about it that I just had to check on it for him. I guess he will learn now more than ever that a drug addiction is not worth it.
Thank you.

My response:

Wouldn't it be wonderful, however, if there really was a "form" for all of society's little problems? All we'd have to do is fill it out, and voila! Wouldn't it be terrific if all convicts could "get out early" by merely filling out a form?

Your brother was merely having a drug-induced flashback.

IAAL

Last edited:
R

rumplestiltskin

Thank you

Thank you for your comments I guess. I almost feel like I walked right into this one. I was not asking for all prisoners, I was asking for a 43 year old man that chose an illegal addiction instead of alcohol for his vices. A man that was not read his rights in the course of events. A man that kept to himself and never bothered anyone. A man whose lawyer doesn't seem to think he is worth bothering with. A man who the system looks at as another loser caught in the prison system and who I see as a good man that unfortunately made a bad choice. A man that is trying very hard to make things right and realizes the mistakes that he has made. A man whose is married to a woman that is disabled and has always been there for her. By the way, he and his wife shared the same problem of addiction. I asked the question on his behalf because I do believe in him inspite of the mistakes he has made. I finally have my brother back and it would be nice to have him home.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Thank you

rumplestiltskin said:
I almost feel like I walked right into this one.

MY RESPONSE: You did - - right into a brick wall.

A man whose lawyer doesn't seem to think he is worth bothering with. A man who the system looks at as another loser caught in the prison system and who I see as a good man that unfortunately made a bad choice.

MY RESPONSE: Look, he may be your "brother" but, to us, he's just another junkie. You said he's an addict - - that means he's been making lousy, and unlawful, "choices" each and every day; hence, the reason for his "addiction." Society, generally, looks upon your brother as a "waste of DNA" and not worth anyone's efforts. It's a good thing for society that he's behind bars. He violated the law, and he's where he should be.

A man whose is married to a woman that is disabled and has always been there for her. By the way, he and his wife shared the same problem of addiction.

MY RESPONSE: Yes, yes, everyone is "disabled" so everyone gets a "free ride" and is excused from obeying the law. Right.
And, isn't it just wonderful that she's ALSO an addict? How terrific!

Oh, yes. Absolutely. We're just all waiting in line to help him and his "addict" wife.

Society dislikes losers like your brother and sister-in-law.

Now, go away, and let him "do his time" in peace.

IAAL

R

rumplestiltskin

I am sorry you feel that way

My intention was not to cause arguements or to have a debate. I came here to sincerely seek some advice about someone I love and someone I happen to think is worth saving. I guess I am so new to this that I did not realize that all people are lumped into similar categories without getting to know the individual. I am aware that it must be frustrating to defend people who are continually in trouble for one reason or another. I understand that there are all kinds of excuses for every crime. I just wasn't expecting to get the responses I received here. The truth is fine and I can handle that; I just felt it was a little harsh for someone you don't know. I am not the criminal. I believe there is hope for change. I am really sorry if you saw my comments as something that do not even warrant remaining here to post. Perhaps I really did misunderstand what this forum was for. Again, I apologize. I am sure that these forums help many and even though my experience has not been a good one I am glad that the forums exist for those seeking help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

The Voice of Conservatism

rumplestiltskin said:
My intention was not to cause arguements or to have a debate.

MY RESPONSE: Good! There is no debate.

I came here to sincerely seek some advice about someone I love and someone I happen to think is worth saving.

MY RESPONSE: You had years to "save" him. You're his family, and it was up to you and the rest of your family to help him. Where were you during his addiction and before his arrest and conviction?

I guess I am so new to this that I did not realize that all people are lumped into similar categories without getting to know the individual.

MY RESPONSE: "Getting to know the individual"? Certainly, you're kidding with us. That's your job, not ours. He's your family, not ours. Look, there's over 270 MILLION people in the United States. We don't have the time to "get to know" your brother. That's why he's "lumped" with all the other lawbreakers. And that's because that's what he is. A judge and a jury have already said so, and the laws say that society says so also.

I am aware that it must be frustrating to defend people who are continually in trouble for one reason or another. I understand that there are all kinds of excuses for every crime. I just wasn't expecting to get the responses I received here.

MY RESPONSE: We are not a "touchy-feely" site. This is a "legal site." If you want or need "touchy-feely", there are plenty of other sites for that. Try "Prison Talk". You'll get all the "touchy-feely", woe-is-me baloney you'll ever need!

The truth is fine and I can handle that; I just felt it was a little harsh for someone you don't know.

MY RESPONSE: A little "harsh"? Sweetheart, if I was on the jury, I would have voted to give him "Life" behind bars. We don't need people like your brother on the "outside". I'm absolutely positive that this isn't your brother's first brush with the law, either. He's a "drain" on society.

I am not the criminal. I believe there is hope for change.

MY RESPONSE: There is no hope. When he gets out, he'll go right back to doing what he's always done, and his "wife", being an addict herself, won't be any help to him. Your brother is a lifelong loser - - a waste of society's time, and money.

IAAL

stephenk

Speaking of "Prison Talk", I wonder what happened to the massive revolution their members were going to bring to this forum ala Attica?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">