• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sentence suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

concernedgirlfr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? va

I was just looking at a background check and was wondering if it says sentenced 12 mos, then sentence suspended 10 mos, what exactly does that mean, does that mean the person only spent 10 mos in jail? or didnt actually go to jail?

FlyingRon

Without seeing the thing, I suspect he spent two months in jail w/ 10 months suspended on a 12 month sentence.

concernedgirlfr

thanks

Thanks I was trying to add up jail tme on an applicant, and it doesnt say how much time he spent in jail, one example was sentenced 90 months and 90 days then it said sentenced suspended 75 months and 75 days, so i didnt know what time was spent in jail if any,

is there a way to find out how much jail time someone has?

Some Random Guy

Thanks I was trying to add up jail tme on an applicant
The moment you have to pull out a calculator to add up the jail time for a job applicant is the moment when you need to just toss it in the circular file.

Not only is he a criminal, but he's a slow learner too.

Also note that sentence time often does not match how much time they spent in jail due to good behavior credits.

Some Random Guy

thanks, I was just trying to give someone a chance but there are some concerns
Unemployment is nearing 10% in the US. Give the second chance to somebody who straightened up after their first incarceration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">