• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sentencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jebne

What is the name of your state? Arizona
i am interested in the pre-sentencing report, usually conducted by a court official or probation officer position prior to the judge ruling on a particular case. in the case i am curious about, the official did not show up for the interview, but submitted a report with eroneous information. the current lawyer has requested the information be omitted from the record, but that hardly seems like enough. is there anything else that can be done? the information was damaging and caused the judge to reject the signed plea agreement and set a new sentencing date.

J

Joan Mader

It is my understanding that the only way a presentence report can be corrected is by your attorney presenting it to the court. It is also my understanding that if the judge rejects the plea agreement, you can withdraw your plea. Sounds like that is what you should do and get a different attorney. Not an attorney, just been there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">