• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Simba7

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My husband was arrested Oct. 2005 for DUI. Since he was on probation at the time of his arrest, his PO violated him in Nov. 2005. He was sentenced to 412 days for the probation violation and 6 months for the DUI consecutively. He has to serve the 412 days for the probation violation before he can start the 6 months for the DUI. My question is doesn't a felony trump a misdemeanor? Shouldn't the time he's serving now count towards the felony and not the misdemeanor?What is the name of your state?

Litigation!

Simba7 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
My husband was arrested Oct. 2005 for DUI. Since he was on probation at the time of his arrest, his PO violated him in Nov. 2005. He was sentenced to 412 days for the probation violation and 6 months for the DUI consecutively. He has to serve the 412 days for the probation violation before he can start the 6 months for the DUI. My question is doesn't a felony trump a misdemeanor? Shouldn't the time he's serving now count towards the felony and not the misdemeanor?What is the name of your state?

My response:

You're asking all the wrong questions. You should be asking, "I deserve better. How do I unload this irresponsible idiot?"

IAAL

gawm

Litigation! said:
My response:

You're asking all the wrong questions. You should be asking, "I deserve better. How do I unload this irresponsible idiot?"

IAAL
Isn't it real easy to divorce someone while they are in jail? Wouldn't now be the opportune time to do it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">