• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i request a pardon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

retiredsoldier

What is the name of your state? texas

in dec 1997, i pleaded no-contest to a misdemeanor assault charge in texas and immediately received a sentence of 80 days confinement (susp to 15 days), pay all court and restition costs, and 12 months probation, all of which were completed successfully. now that i am retiring from the military and conducting job searches, i have been declined 2 jobs already because of this. this is the only strike i have ever had against me and i don't want this to ruin my life or the ability to support my family. should i request a pardon from the governor of tx? i am currently stationed in georgia. is an attorney required for a pardon? i assume it is. will i have to consult a texas attorney? do i have any other options? please help me! thanks in advance.

HomeGuru

retiredsoldier said:
What is the name of your state? texas

in dec 1997, i pleaded no-contest to a misdemeanor assault charge in texas and immediately received a sentence of 80 days confinement (susp to 15 days), pay all court and restition costs, and 12 months probation, all of which were completed successfully. now that i am retiring from the military and conducting job searches, i have been declined 2 jobs already because of this. this is the only strike i have ever had against me and i don't want this to ruin my life or the ability to support my family. should i request a pardon from the governor of tx? i am currently stationed in georgia. is an attorney required for a pardon? i assume it is. will i have to consult a texas attorney? do i have any other options? please help me! thanks in advance.
**A: was your sentence in a miliary of civilian court? It appears military.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">