• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple answer help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bridgeterikavon

I had a background check and I noticed it said....
ARREST DATE:
05/11/2013
THEN IT SAYS......
OFFENSE DATE:
10/23/2013
NOW HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I COMMITED THIS OFFENSE 5 MONTHS AFTER BEING ARRESTED FOR IT??? If they messed this information up will the judge through this case out the window.In Oregon I was tricked by a old friend, officer Carter who is a piece of .....and the legal system anyway they all belong in .....

Silverplum

I had a background check and I noticed it said....
ARREST DATE:
05/11/2013
THEN IT SAYS......
OFFENSE DATE:
10/23/2013
NOW HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I COMMITED THIS OFFENSE 5 MONTHS AFTER BEING ARRESTED FOR IT??? If they messed this information up will the judge through this case out the window.In Oregon I was tricked by a old friend, officer Carter who is a piece of .....and the legal system anyway they all belong in .....
I DON'T KNOW, BUT USING ALL CAPS IS DIFFICULT TO READ AND SEEMS LIKE SHOUTING! We dislike that.

Why is a 2013 offense unresolved?
Are the dates correct, though reversed?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You should know when you committed the offense and when you were convicted. So what are the actual dates?

And why is this an issue for you?

CavemanLawyer

The background service may be incorrect (very common) or the data reported by the courts may be incorrect (even more uncommon.) All that matters is what the judgment says if there has been a conviction. Go look it up, or maybe it is even available online. If you want an accurate background check then you need to get it from the department that maintains criminal records for your state. In my state that is DPS. I don't know your state so...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">