• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spinsugar

What is the name of your state? Texas

is there a statue of limitations (?) for revocation of probation? in more detail, if there is a warrant for revocation of probation - how long can the warrant be valid for?

S

spinsugar

sorry - i left this out. the probation was for a misdeamnor - theft by check $5-500.

calatty

Warrants are good forever. Statute of limitations limits how long a state can take to bring charges.

S

spinsugar

Thanks. this is just a question though. do you think if i have all my restitution & fines paid off & have been out of trouble for a long time, jail time would still be mandatory?

calatty

I'm not sure about TX, but I doubt jail time would be mandatory. Judges tend to have a lot discretion when it comes to probation. It depends on what the violation is for too.

S

spinsugar

thank you so so much. the charge was theft by check, class a misdeamnor (i think) and it has been almost 5 years ago that the 3 checks were wrote. and i've stayed out of trouble since then - expect not going to probation meetings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">