• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Story research. Any help appreciated...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bealsebub

Hi. My name is Bealsebub.

And **** you all very much. ;)

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

We don't do "stories". We need our time for the real writers to these forums.

However, I don't see any mention of "Bubba". That's always a surefire interest grabber for any jail house story.

Good luck.

IAAL

B

Bealsebub

Come on now...

What did I do?

I was looking for some serious aid. Can't even find civility on a law site.

Still open to suggestions on my story or where else I could post this question at. Thanks.

-Dan

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Come on now...

Bealsebub said:
Still open to suggestions on my story or where else I could post this question at. Thanks.

==============================

My response:

Dan, I'll tell you again . . . perhaps, you'll understand me this time. We don't do homework for students, and we don't help people who are writing books.

We help people who have REAL legal problems. We help people who need this site because they don't have money, or very little money, for an attorney.

You're not the first "writer" who has come here looking for story assistance. You're just going to have to find your help elsewhere.

IAAL

Cheri9

Re: Re: Come on now...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
Bealsebub said:

My response:

Dan, I'll tell you again . . . perhaps, you'll understand me this time. We don't do homework for students, and we don't help people who are writing books.

We help people who have REAL legal problems. We help people who need this site because they don't have money, or very little money, for an attorney.

You're not the first "writer" who has come here looking for story assistance. You're just going to have to find your help elsewhere.

IAAL

:p Thanks IAAL...Very explicitly stated!!

HomeGuru

Re: Come on now...

Bealsebub said:
What did I do?

I was looking for some serious aid. Can't even find civility on a law site.

-Dan

**A: Suggestion- THE END

I

icbn

Re: Re: Come on now...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

IAAL
Wow, what a pleasent reply. While he is not the first writer, it is the first time this writer has come to this board with his query. It's called research.

Of course when someone asks a question that is contrary to an unstated prohibition imbued in the forum, it does give the most crass amoung us to be sharp and witty. We can adopt a smug and superior mantle and castigate the poor slob. How dare the great unwashed dare believe they might turn to this forum for help beyond our temperance.

My suggestion would be a simple, "... sorry dude, we reserve these forums only for actual legal advice not hypothetical." Good luck in your research. You may wish to try "url". ( two sites would be Triggerstreet for screenplays or Zoetrope for screenplays and novels)

Or even better, swallow the need to respond at all. An unanswered post is the most deafening announcement that we don't do that here.

But, civility leaves a far sweeter taste than the acrimony I see displayed and appluaded here.

I suggest a civil explanation would have ended the query with the first post, while the barb only made the inquirer assume he was hearing from someone who may not represent the site's memberships willingness to share their knowledge.

Knowledge is a precious gift, it is your right to share it with whom you will. Civility is equally yours to dispense as you will. Both are appreciated by we, the ignorant.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The "it's my first time posting" excuse doesn't fly. This country has over 270 Million people, and it's a sure bet, with those numbers, that each person that comes here IS their first time.

Why do you keep coming back with retorts? I've already stated to you that you're not going to receive "story" assistance - - so, what is your purpose? There is no purpose for you. You're just feeling hurt, and selfish. You see, you have a selfish need to take the constributors' time when you know we could be helping those with REAL legal problems. Why are you being selfish?

How many times do I have to say "go away" to you?

IAAL

A

allen03

So what makes you a writer?

If you're a writer then you should know that writers don't put their maniscripts, drafts, etc. on an internet message board then ask for help or give some line about getting our opinion. We're not a think tank for aspiring authors and we're not doing your work for you.

Your script so far is jevenile. boring, and your questions are things any regular viewer of TV could pick up. I see you worked yourself into the story - "young aspiring writer" - how corny.

Do your own research and talk to law enforcement. Call the police dept. Go to the library. Call a criminal lawyer and offer to take him/her to lunch and ask all those questions. Or find a writing consultant and PAY for the services.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Re: Come on now...

Originally posted by icbn

But, civility leaves a far sweeter taste than the acrimony I see displayed and appluaded here.

**A: and this person is a writer? Nice try.
Next time hone up on your spelling skills.

JETX

Okay, lets try this a different way.... if you want assistance in your story line development or concepts, do as most 'professional' writers do. Contact someone in the business and either offer to 'tag along' or pay them for their 'services'.

Don't come whining to a FREE internet forum where people VOLUNTEER their very valuable time in trying to HELP those that need it and expect us to spend OUR time helping you flesh out a story.

I

icbn

It would seem you have lumped me with the original poster. We are two different people. We do not know each other.

I appreciate what you are doing for those with a legal need and would not bother you for research questions myself. Nonetheless, simply telling the writer that as opposed to villifying him for asking the question, would have been more civil.

Of course, if everyone was civil we'd lose a lot of good litigation income.

Last word of advice. Don't answer this post. You truly have more important things to do helping those with legal questions.

BTW, i can spel. I gist cant tipe.

S

Sandman-XX

HOMEGURU!

I found someone with MY sense of humor! That 'We flesh out of ideas' MAN I rolled on that one! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">