• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sufficient legal grounds to reduce or modify a sentence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lademac

What is the name of your state? Florida

He sent me a letter saying that my construed I was working as a cashier in 2000 as seasonal help, I only worked for a total of 3 or 5 days not cosecutively and had quit twice. I left town and when I returned after the holidays I was arrested for employee theft. My family and I were in the process of relocating due to the military. We have three small children who were starting school and I had a new job. My husband was gone for 3 weeks after we had moved and there was no way that I could continue to drive back and forth to jacksonville. So at my disposition?? I plead guilty, only because our circumstances at the time. We didn't have money for an attorney so I got a PD. He really wasn't much help. I got a year of probation, restitution, and community service. Adjudication was withheld, but it still is a felony. I work in healthcare and because of everything it may be difficult for me to get another job. I recently wrote the judge presiding over the case and he sent me an order denying my "construed motion to reduce or modify sentence." It was denied because I had not stated sufficient legal grounds. I was just asking for advice and explaining my situation. What are sufficient legal grounds?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">