• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminating probation to leave country?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

avgejoe

Good day, currently I'm under federal probation (white collar), and would like to leave the country, as my wife currently resides outside the United States. Being in the US is definitely a hardship for me, being away from my family and all, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any instance of probation being terminated to leave the country, as in move to another country specifically Europe.

Son of Slam

avgejoe said:
Good day, currently I'm under federal probation (white collar), and would like to leave the country, as my wife currently resides outside the United States. Being in the US is definitely a hardship for me, being away from my family and all, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any instance of probation being terminated to leave the country, as in move to another country specifically Europe.

Due to being far behind in our alien exchange program, you may go to Mexico and stay as long as you like without the USA bothering you.

JETX

Lets see if I can make this very simple for you.....
You were found guilty of violating some federal law(s). In setting your punishment, the court granted your request for probation including restrictions on your travel. You now want to try to change the rules that you agreed with and leave the country.

Sorry, but unless there is a SIGNIFICANT reason for doing so, I doubt that the court will grant your request. Maybe you can offer them to spend half of your remaining probation time at 'club fed' in return for allowing you to leave the country AFTER you complete the sentence.

A

avgejoe

JETX said:
you agreed with and leave the country.

Sorry, but unless there is a SIGNIFICANT reason for doing so, I doubt that the court will grant your request. Maybe you can offer them to spend half of your remaining probation time at 'club fed' in return for allowing you to leave the country AFTER you complete the sentence.
Firstly I never agreed not to leave the country. I lost at a trial. Irrelevant. From what I understand there is a motion to terminate probation after time spent, I've done half my probation time as it stands. Currently my wife has been abroad as I resided both here and in Europe prior to my case. Due to the extreme laws here, it would take about 2 years for her to come over of which she no longer has desire, nor do I have desire to live here any longer.

Now it should be an extremely significant circumstance in my case, I am not asking to travel I am asking to go live with my family which is outside of this country.

JETX

All interesting excuses.... but not relevant unless the court GRANTS you permission to leave.
So, what did the court say when you asked them if you could leave??

P

PETESAKE

WHITE COLLAR FED CRIME?

MAY I ASK WHAT charge you were convicted of and what your actual sentence was?

K

krispenstpeter

I lost at a trial. Irrelevant.
Now THAT was funny :D

Firstly I never agreed not to leave the country.
No, you probably didn't. But then the Judge probably didn't agree to LET you leave either.

Due to the extreme laws here, it would take about 2 years for her to come over of which she no longer has desire, nor do I have desire to live here any longer.
Extreme? I love it. Try committing your crimes in Pakistan or Turkey. You'd leave alright, without an appendage or two.

Now it should be an extremely significant circumstance in my case
Of course it is. Hookers cost a lot of money.

Listen guy, you broke the law of the United States. Welcome to the judicial system. Until you get permission from the court as Jet has told you, or until your probation is over, you're going to be here.

Unless, of course, you'd like to swim. Then, when you're caught you can spend some time in a German Prison or wherever the hell it is you want to 'escape' to.

I love it when criminals want to leave. There should be a special airport just for that.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">