• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time Period for Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dsgfgbfdr

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I was convicted of two felonies Class B back in July 2nd of 1997.
Drug Offenses

From my research it shows that the time to wait is 5 years from what RSA 651:5 says.
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LXII/651/651-5.htm

I called the magistrate at the court where I was convicted in regards to when I can petition for annulment. He said I have to wait til July 2nd 2006. Now my punishment was 6 months on a house arrest situation and got off 4 months later. I got out in November of 1997. There was a part to my conviction that said something about suspended 4 years??? Now the magistrate is interpreting it as me having to wait 4 years for the suspended part and then 5 years for the class B felony.

Under rule III of RSA 651:5 it says .. all the terms and conditions of the sentence should be completed. This rule is where he is interpreting the time from.

My thoughts are that I should of started the 5 year period for the class B felony after the 4 months from July 2nd, 1997. What point is there to starting the 5 years after a suspended 4 years when my true sentence was 6 months - 4 months good time served?

Please help!

I am currently working in a YDC facility and have been offered a job in Juvenile Probation but they require that I annul my felonies first. 2.5 years is jsut too long of a wait.

TIA

Thank you for your advice

Son of Slam

dsgfgbfdr said:
What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I was convicted of two felonies Class B back in July 2nd of 1997.
Drug Offenses

From my research it shows that the time to wait is 5 years from what RSA 651:5 says.
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LXII/651/651-5.htm

I called the magistrate at the court where I was convicted in regards to when I can petition for annulment. He said I have to wait til July 2nd 2006. Now my punishment was 6 months on a house arrest situation and got off 4 months later. I got out in November of 1997. There was a part to my conviction that said something about suspended 4 years??? Now the magistrate is interpreting it as me having to wait 4 years for the suspended part and then 5 years for the class B felony.

Under rule III of RSA 651:5 it says .. all the terms and conditions of the sentence should be completed. This rule is where he is interpreting the time from.

My thoughts are that I should of started the 5 year period for the class B felony after the 4 months from July 2nd, 1997. What point is there to starting the 5 years after a suspended 4 years when my true sentence was 6 months - 4 months good time served?

Please help!

I am currently working in a YDC facility and have been offered a job in Juvenile Probation but they require that I annul my felonies first. 2.5 years is jsut too long of a wait.

TIA

Thank you for your advice

It is not consistent with public welfare that a 4 year suspended sentence be satisfied with 4 months of house arrest. Petition for annulment denied until 2006. Simple as that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">