• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transferring of Parole to Another State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LadySLA

South Carolina - 16 yr. old boy, arrested for destruction of tombstones. Ordered to 5 yrs. probation, $40,000 restitution. good for 1-1/2 years, then moved to CA to live with aunt because his family kicked him out of the house - he was living under a bridge for 6 months. Arrested in SC July 2000, while visiting his mother, violation of probation. Sentenced August 2000 to 2 years, $7200 restitution, expected to be released August 1, 2001. He requested info from his probation officer regarding transfer to Iowa, to live with his fiancee, 3 month daughter and her mother. Answer: "You will be required to live with your mother rather than your fiance. I do not believe Iowa will allow an unmarried couple to live together." This young man turned 21 Nov. 2000. What do I need to do to see that this transfer to Iowa is granted so he can get married, provide for his family and live in a stable environment with employment in his future? His family in SC, siblings have been incarcerated, mother has moved and has had no contact, father took off years ago, nothing but trouble for this boy there in SC. I am willing to sign papers, supervise and guide in proper direction. What steps can I take to see that a transfer is given?? Future mother-in-law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">