• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transferring Probation to another city, same state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Toyota

What is the name of your state? Az

I will be finishing my parole in a couple of months. I moved to another city, same state
to get away from my so-called friends, etc. Now I would like to have my probation
in the city I now am living. Living with parents, got a job, doing good.
How and who do I contact to see if I can get my probation where I am now living and
when should I do that.

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? Az

I will be finishing my parole in a couple of months. I moved to another city, same state
to get away from my so-called friends, etc. Now I would like to have my probation
in the city I now am living. Living with parents, got a job, doing good.
How and who do I contact to see if I can get my probation where I am now living and
when should I do that.
You speak to your probation officer to see if they would do an Intrastate transfer, where they would request that the new county provide courtesy supervision of your case.

I hope that you told your probation officer before you moved, or at the latest, within 24 hours of your move.

Toyota

yes, I called them as soon as I was released from DOC and explained I was doing
my parole in another city, they said that I would start my probation when my parole
ended and to call them. I thought I should contact them prior to my release but didn't know how long before I should do that.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">