• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Typical sentencing for...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bordeauxlane

We are in Florida. My sister (and yes, it is really my sister) was arrested for 1. forged vehicle registration 2. forged vehicle tag 3. forged insurance information. I understand these to be a level 3 3rd degree felony. I know that the possible sentence is 1-5 years. I have also done the criminal code punishment scoresheet which indicated a minimum mandatory sentence of 15 mo. Is this really what we can expect? Is there a way of finding out what "typically" happens with sentencing for these charges? *note* she has an existing warrant in another state for failure to appear on wreckless driving and leaving the scene of an at fault accident (I do not know if "they" have found this or not) other than that, she has no previous record. Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bordeauxlane said:
"other than that, she has no previous record."

==============================

My response:

Toward the bottom of her scoresheet, you'll notice a little box that was checked, next to the word "Loser".

IAAL

B

bordeauxlane

LOL - you know I did notice that checked box.....thought it was frighteningly appropriate.

TY

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">