• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unable to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gacster

What is the name of your state?Illinois

I was convicted of theft and ordered to probation, and to make monetary restitution. I am guilty and know that I have to pay ( 11K ), however I am unable to come up with the monthly amount of 750 per mo.. I have already filed ch 13 and am trying to save my house. Now I have gotten a summons to appear before the judge again on why I am not obliging my sentence. This is the first time I was ever convicted of anything, yes I am wrong and want to pay my dues, but I am unable to just yet. What can I say to the Judge.

calatty

Tell the judge what you just told us. If you are unable to pay the amount ordered, you are entitled to a hearing to determine an amount that you are able to pay. In the future, it is better to go to the court voluntarily and request a modification of the amount instead of just not paying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">