• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unrepresented on duii charge in AZ w/ ?'s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hiswife

My husband is charged with extreme dui with one prior in the state of AZ. What is the max sentence? Also, he has served 22 days so far just awaiting some kind of trial. Three attorney have removed themselves from the case and he is now again, unrepresented. The city attorney (?) said that minimum is sixty days consecutive. Bail is $10,000. If I bail him out now, does the sixty days start after he is found guilty? What if he serves the whole sixty days before being found guilty, can he get time served? city attorney also said there is no credit for time served on this charge...is that true? Or does he just mean if he is bailed out now that the sixty days would have to start over? I am so confused. Raising three very small children all by myself and don't know what to do. I can pull together the bail money, but would that just make it so he actually has to serve more time???

C

clayspretty

just an opinon

All I know is about the state of Tennessee, but here the person does receive credit for time served (usually).
As far as bail goes that would depend on how long he could be in Jail. If the trial keeps getting put off til a later date and you finacially need him at home it may be beneficial for you to bail him out but if you bail him out then in a week he goes to court and is sentenced to 60 days all you did is wasted your money 'cause he's just going right back to jail.
In all honesty, you NEED to contact an attorney for FREE consultation. even if it's not to hire, the attorney's will explain to you the situation and options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">