+ Reply to Thread
    twinman is offline Junior Member

Violating Misdemeanor Probation

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I'm on misdemeanor probation in Bannock County for Battery and Disturbing the Peace...I've asked my PO if I can leave the country to take a job in South Korea and he's now checking with the judge...my PO told me that I'd have problems getting a working Visa in the Republic of Korea if I violated my probation and a misdemeanor warrant was issued for me here in Idaho...

My questions: Would a misdemeanor warrant from the local district court in Idaho show up in a Visa application overseas? Would such a warrant create problems for me regarding my passport and working abroad?

If the judge ways no, I'm thinking of going overseas anyway to make money now and paying the price down the line...what would be the consequences of violating misdemeanor probation once I returned to the U.S.A. to face the music?
    seniorjudge Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by twinman
    What is the name of your state? Idaho

I'm on misdemeanor probation in Bannock County for Battery and Disturbing the Peace...I've asked my PO if I can leave the country to take a job in South Korea and he's now checking with the judge...my PO told me that I'd have problems getting a working Visa in the Republic of Korea if I violated my probation and a misdemeanor warrant was issued for me here in Idaho...

My questions: Would a misdemeanor warrant from the local district court in Idaho show up in a Visa application overseas? Would such a warrant create problems for me regarding my passport and working abroad?

If the judge ways no, I'm thinking of going overseas anyway to make money now and paying the price down the line...what would be the consequences of violating misdemeanor probation once I returned to the U.S.A. to face the music?

I don't know if the Homeland Security people are putting these kinds of violations in their database or not.

What I would be worried about is ROK; if they find out, the consequences could be unpleasant and you would be beyond the help of US law.
    rachel3790 is offline Junior Member

Cool Rock army

The Korean army isn't nice at all. I was stationed there for a year a while back. They do really mean things to you that the US would never do to someone. Also while you are in their country the US government can't help you at all and you are there until whatever they are doing to you is done. So if they put you in jail and treat you badly. (beat or not feed you) Whatever it could be for many years. The US gov. isn't allowed to help. So i wouldn't go to that country knowing you are wrong. If it did catch up to you you wouldn't be having a good day, year, life.