• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violating probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gran417

Oklahoma... Granson left the state and didn't complete probation requirements. Been working and not in any trouble since then, 3 yrs. He would like to have this moved to the state he lives in now but conserned that if he contacts the probation officer he will be arrested and have to spend time in jail. He needs and wants to get custody of his 5 yr old son but this is stopping this from happening... His x wife is in jail for child neglect and the child is in foster homes. What does he do now to clear his record and get this moved to his home state without having to spend time in jail? The charge was possesion of drugs...He was never tested just a pipe found and they got enough out of it to charge him with possesion. He can't support his son and be in jail too.

Last edited:

kat1963

No advice for you son cept get a lawyer. Probation violations are not taken lightly and there is probably a warrent out for his arrest....which could mean another crime, another trial. Probably to late to do anything to get his son back....with these convictions too..well, you know what I'm getting at.

Advice for you is that if you don't want to see this baby adopted out, you need find a lawyer in that state and file a motion to intervene immediately...trying to get temporary custody for yourself if you want it. While I'm not sure if there have been additionally rulings, it used to be 15 months in foster care, the parents rights can terminated and the child can be adopted out. CPS likes the young ones, and they need their federal $$ too.

Just my thoughts, I leave them with you.

KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">