+ Reply to Thread
    MsTalk2Me Guest

Question What does "No Billed" mean? Help!!

I was arrested in Texas for AADW but charges were dropped. My criminal history shows that I was "No Billed" what does this mean and how does this effect my employment job search? Please Help!!
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member

Re: What does "No Billed" mean? Help!!

Originally posted by MsTalk2Me
    I was arrested in Texas for AADW but charges were dropped. My criminal history shows that I was "No Billed" what does this mean and how does this effect my employment job search? Please Help!!
    My response:

A Criminal Complaint brought before a Grand Jury to decide whether a full hearing should be held is called a "Bill of Idictment." When the Grand Jury determines that there is insufficient evidence for such hearing, the term is called a "No Bill" or "No Bill of Idictment."

A record of arrest, indictment, information, misdemeanor complaint, or conviction of a crime, if the crime’s date of disposition, release, or parole is more than 7 years, the record of a crime may no longer be reported if it is learned that a full pardon has been granted or that a conviction did not result.

A "No Bill" means that the case will not be referred for a criminal trial - - at least by the Grand Jury. The D.A. could, however, gather further evidence and file a Criminal Complaint and move the case directly to trial without a Grand Jury indictment, provided that the Statute of Limitations is tolled prior to or at the time of filing the criminal complaint.

IAAL