• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does "No Billed" mean? Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsTalk2Me

I was arrested in Texas for AADW but charges were dropped. My criminal history shows that I was "No Billed" what does this mean and how does this effect my employment job search? Please Help!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MsTalk2Me said:
I was arrested in Texas for AADW but charges were dropped. My criminal history shows that I was "No Billed" what does this mean and how does this effect my employment job search? Please Help!!
My response:

A Criminal Complaint brought before a Grand Jury to decide whether a full hearing should be held is called a "Bill of Idictment." When the Grand Jury determines that there is insufficient evidence for such hearing, the term is called a "No Bill" or "No Bill of Idictment."

A record of arrest, indictment, information, misdemeanor complaint, or conviction of a crime, if the crime’s date of disposition, release, or parole is more than 7 years, the record of a crime may no longer be reported if it is learned that a full pardon has been granted or that a conviction did not result.

A "No Bill" means that the case will not be referred for a criminal trial - - at least by the Grand Jury. The D.A. could, however, gather further evidence and file a Criminal Complaint and move the case directly to trial without a Grand Jury indictment, provided that the Statute of Limitations is tolled prior to or at the time of filing the criminal complaint.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">