• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does Nolle Prosequi Mean?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imsoconfused2

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi, I am confussed. I don't want my husband to do something he may regret later. Here is the problem. My daughter has some emotional issues that she is on medication and in therpy for. (she is 12). Her father my X-husband is the source of these problems. Her psychiatrist has in his report that the anger she feels for my current husband, her step-father, displaced anger and aggression she has for her biological father. with that being said here is my problem.

Last January my daughter was mad and made up a story...DCF came and they arrested my husband for child abuse...a felony in FL. He is innocent...I was standing right next to her at the time this incident was suppose to happen and what occured was in no way child abuse.

The state now wants to enter Nolle Prosequi if my husband does anger management and counceling.

What exactly is that and will that mean he has a criminal record???? I don't seem to be trusting the legal system here. I know my husband is innocent and I'm sure a trial will prove that but in the process it may hurt my daughter emotionally more than she already is...so we really want to avoid putting her thru that. However, I don't want my husband to be branded a child abusers either.

Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">