• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens on a 1st time Probation Violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tx_felon

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have been on probation for the last 8 years without any problems. I pass my ua's, keep my nose clean, don't drink or use drugs, and work. I got in a hurry and recieved a speeding ticket today. Could they actually revoke my probation over this?

Just Blue

I have been on probation for the last 8 years without any problems. I pass my ua's, keep my nose clean, don't drink or use drugs, and work. I got in a hurry and recieved a speeding ticket today. Could they actually revoke my probation over this?
It would depend on the terms of your probation...What are they?

tx_felon

Don't break any laws of any states
Don't use illegal drugs or excessive alcohol use
support my family
stay away from places with questionable character
report every month
allow my po into my home

Just Blue

Don't break any laws of any states
Don't use illegal drugs or excessive alcohol use
support my family
stay away from places with questionable character
report every month
allow my po into my home
I guess you broke the first condition...But from what I understand it would be unlikely to violate you for a speeding ticket. But stick around for other opinions...;)

tx_felon

The bottom line is 77 in a 60.
The thing that really makes me mad is the fact that were three, THREE cars in the two right most lanes going much faster than I. I happened to be in the lane the cop was monitoring. To add insult to injury, this my first speeding ticket ever.
Oh, BTW I love your sig.

ceara19

Technically, your probation COULD be revoked for this, but realistically, it is highly unlikely (unless you are on probation for street racing or something along those lines). Have you notified you PO of the ticket yet?

tx_felon

No, I have not notified my PO of the ticket. I just recieved it yesterday (sunday). This is so difficult for me. Everyone is telling me to keep my mouth shut because there is no way of them finding out. But if they run a state wide check on me, it's likely to show, and then I will be put in a bad position out of the blue. I'm leaning toward coming clean and hoping they won't revoke. Since Christmas my life has totally changed: spent Christmas in the hospital, lost my really good paying job, broke 2 of my toes, I'm likely to have a new PO this month, and now I get a nice speeding ticket for my birthday. The only good thing has been actually finding some form of employment. The only thing left to loose is my family and freedom. :)

Just Blue

No, I have not notified my PO of the ticket. I just recieved it yesterday (sunday). This is so difficult for me. Everyone is telling me to keep my mouth shut because there is no way of them finding out. But if they run a state wide check on me, it's likely to show, and then I will be put in a bad position out of the blue. I'm leaning toward coming clean and hoping they won't revoke. Since Christmas my life has totally changed: spent Christmas in the hospital, lost my really good paying job, broke 2 of my toes, I'm likely to have a new PO this month, and now I get a nice speeding ticket for my birthday. The only good thing has been actually finding some form of employment. The only thing left to loose is my family and freedom. :)
If you report this violation to your PO s/he is LESS likely to violate you. If you leave it up to fate and "get caught" you will be in a bad position...

Despite our reputation on the 'net, the members here at FreeAdvice are not mind readers, but if you think about it....If EVERYONE who was placed on probation was sent to jail for a speeding ticket...How on earth would they fit the big bad boys in there?:confused:

You gotta roll the dice and see how they land...Good Luck!!!:)

tx_felon

You are right. I like to play it straight with POs. It's much easier to deal with the truth instead of covering up a pack of lies. Thank you all so much for your help. Especially you baystategirl, you have cleared things up for me.

Just Blue

You are right. I like to play it straight with POs. It's much easier to deal with the truth instead of covering up a pack of lies. Thank you all so much for your help. Especially you baystategirl, you have cleared things up for me.
Awww...Shucks....T'wernt nutin'.....!...[I[/I]

How was my Texas drawl?? Was it good or should I work on it some more???:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">