• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wisconsin Probation Question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

d0nut

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was placed on probation for 3 years for theft from a previous emplyer. This was based on 3 misdemenor counts of theft and also included 90 days of detention at the house of correction in Milwaukee County with Huber law. All restitution has been paid in full the the stolen items were returned to the employer.

Here is my question: When I visited my probation officer she gave me the standard list of rules with 4 handwritten rules included. One of them is to obtain and maintain full time employment and provide proof of this to her.
The second one is that all present and prospective employers must be notified of my record, the nature of the crime and the fact that it was from a previous employer. Is it possible to get a job anywhere after disclosing that information? It seems that the two rules would cancel each other out and set me up for a probation violation.

I was also wondering if being self employed as a contractor is legal employment in the eyes of the state? I have a chance to do this but don't wish to make the investment if it results in revocation of probation.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">