• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

withdraw plea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tgriffin32

What is the name of your state? KS
My father wants to file a 1507 motion stating a Manifest Injustice. From my understanding by proving this it will allow him to withdraw his plea.

What is the chances of him getting to withdraw his plea?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

calatty

Depends what the manifest injustice was. What does he hope to get out of withdrawing his plea? Reinstatement of all the charges and the opportunity to go to trial? Because that is all he can get if he has an excellent reason for withdrawing his plea and is allowed to withdraw it.

T

tgriffin32

revoking plea

The statue of limitations have ran out on all of his other charges. The only charge he is facing is murder. There is a lot of manifest injustice as one is they used my sister to get him to plea so they wouldn't go to trial as they knew they would lose. I can talk to my dad and get more information as I don't know all of this very well.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: revoking plea

tgriffin32 said:
The only charge he is facing is murder.

=====================================

My response:

The "ONLY" charge?

Geez, how wonderful. I'm sure glad that's the "ONLY" charge. Sounds to me like there's a needle and syringe in his future.

The next charge up from "murder" is "Crimes Against Humanity" - - so I'm sure glad it's his "ONLY" charge.

IAAL

Last edited:

JETX

ALL his other charges!!

What were ALL the other charges he faced??

And does he still own the trailer he was raised in??

T

tgriffin32

He doesn't have any other charges. He just wants his day in court to prove he is not guilty. He doesn't live in a trailer by the way.

JETX

Gee, seems like there is a little contradiction in your posts....

"The statue of limitations have ran out on all of his other charges"
and
"He doesn't have any other charges"
Which is it??

T

tgriffin32

As I stated earlier I don't know all the information on my father's case. When I spoke to him he said there was no other charges. Does anyone have advice?

calatty

How do you expect us to know what the chances of him getting to withdraw his plea if you don't tell us what the "manifest injustices" were? In what way did they "use" your sister? Did they torture and beat her until he pled guilty? Then the chances are good. Did they threaten to bring charges against her too if he didn't plead guilty? Then the chances are minute. The chances of being permitted to withdraw a plea are always very small.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">