• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Withheld judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilmrsbossy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband was involved with a minor she was 16 he was 19. The father of the girl filed a restraining order and due to the nature of the restraining order the state filed statutory rape charges against my (now) husband. We were unaware of the charges until he tried to join the military. There we found out that he had charges against him in california. (We currently live in Idaho) He went to California was arrested and release on bail. It took months but the judge ruled a withheld judgement with 120 hours of community service and 2 year (don't get in trouble.) order. Those 2 years are up the community service done and now we are wondering what happens. Is the charge off his record like we were told or can this come back and bite us again some day?
Can my husband join the military? If he trys to should he tell them about the withheld judgement? I feel like we didn't get all the information and it's seriously stressing me out.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">