• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writing Judge before sentence.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justSara

What is the name of your state? CA. My daughter who has a bench warrant is going to put herself on calender. She is coming from CO. My question is to any real judges....do you read any letters that are given to you regarding someone you will be sentencing?
My daughter violated her felony 3 year probation by leaving the state without permission. She thinks she will get 2-3 months. I really hope that she serves much longer. She has been in jail for only 26 days at the most at one time. She has never been in prison. She has 2 felony charges, one here and one in CO. Those were plea bargins and would have been 5 otherwise. She has committed lots of crimes in which she was not caught. She will continue to do this until she gets off drugs and alcohol (if that will ever happen). Court record says "no bail and probation revoked" when bench warrant issued.
If I write a letter to the judge, any suggestions on what to say? I know CA is a poor state but since she switched back to speed from heroin, she can be violent and should be off the streets....Her baby is due in June and I worry about her taking care of her while using drugs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">