• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

writing to the parole board

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pprice42

What is the name of your state? TN

This is my second attempt to try to get someone to reply. My husband is in jail for a violation of his parole. He got pulled over for speeding and got a DUI. We went out for his birthday and had a few beers and that is what happen. Other wise we never go out and drink.

He has been on parole since 2002 and this is the first time he has gotten in any trouble. He is a good man and a wonderful father to our children with disabilities. Do you think it would help if I wrote a letter to the parole board. I don't want to agitate them in any way but I also want to help. The children and I need him.
They haven't set a hearing date yet. I wish they would hurry up!
Do you think he will go back to prison for this??

Someone please respond

JETX

pprice42 said:
He has been on parole since 2002
And what was he convicted of??

and this is the first time he has gotten in any trouble.
Translation: Not really as the fact he is on parole shows it is NOT the "first time he has gotten in any trouble". Further, it is more likely that this is the first time he has been CAUGHT while on parole.

He is a good man and a wonderful father to our children with disabilities. Do you think it would help if I wrote a letter to the parole board.
By all means, write them a letter explaining how he is really an angel sent from heaven to provide you with a source of income and how his inability to learn from responsibility and accountability from the privilege of parole shouldn't be held against him. Heck, you might even include that this is the first time he has gotten in trouble. The parole board really eats up these kinds of letters. Be sure to try to drop a few tears on the paper while writing it. Oh, and be sure to include some "I need my daddy" notes from the kids. He is their father, isn't he??

pprice42

Your reply was not called for. Keep your sarcasm to yourself. You are not in my situation and know my family at all. Until you know the circumstances keep your bad thoughts to yourself.
Have a good day.

JETX

pprice42 said:
Your reply was not called for.
I think it was. A dose of reality is always 'called for'.

Keep your sarcasm to yourself.
Why, did my honest response hit a little too close to 'home'??

You are not in my situation and know my family at all.
You are correct. I have pride, integrity and realize that I am responsible for my own actions and conduct. Things you and your trailer-trash family clearly do not have.

Until you know the circumstances keep your bad thoughts to yourself.
My comments were what is called 'Truth'. Not 'bad thoughts' at all.

Have a good day.
Thank you.... and back at 'ya.

pprice42

You must be a lonely lonely person to have nothing better to do than sit here and write mean replies to people. Noone is perfect and I am far from trailer trash. I have a respectful job and am an important part of the community. I have raised identical twin girls with down syndrome practically by myself until now. You have no idea so mind your own business and please by all means get a life. I can tell by the anger in all your post on this discussion board you are in need of one.
And by the way.......you know nothing about the truth in my personal business. I will pray for you.

Good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

seniorjudge

pprice42 said:
What is the name of your state? TN

This is my second attempt to try to get someone to reply. My husband is in jail for a violation of his parole. He got pulled over for speeding and got a DUI. We went out for his birthday and had a few beers and that is what happen. Other wise we never go out and drink.

He has been on parole since 2002 and this is the first time he has gotten in any trouble. He is a good man and a wonderful father to our children with disabilities. Do you think it would help if I wrote a letter to the parole board. I don't want to agitate them in any way but I also want to help. The children and I need him.
They haven't set a hearing date yet. I wish they would hurry up!
Do you think he will go back to prison for this??

Someone please respond
Q: Do you think it would help if I wrote a letter to the parole board.

A: I seriously doubt it. You must remember that they get tons of letters from mommies, girlfriends, wives, etc. every day. I further seriously doubt that any parole board member actually sees these letters; they are probably just stuffed in the guy's files with no further process.

JETX

You know what I find so incredibly fascinating in your posts??
You make all kinds of objective statements about me and what the 'tone' of my posts tells you about me.... yet you make stupid statements like:
"You have no idea so mind your own business"
and
"Until you know the circumstances keep your bad thoughts to yourself."

You can't be pissed off at my assumptions about you... then you make assumptions about others!!
So, which is it going to be.... broad sweeping statements of personal opinions... or 'minding your own business'???

pprice42

Thank you seniorjudge for your reply. I will just sit tight and wait to see what happens. His parole officer told me to bring all the support I could get for him to the hearing. He said he would speak highly of him on his behalf. I will pray he gets to come home soon.

How long does it usually take to set a revocation hearing? I think I read on the parole board rules it is 14 days from arrest.

S

seniorjudge

Q: How long does it usually take to set a revocation hearing?

A: "I think I read on the parole board rules it is 14 days from arrest." (I don't know the rules in your state.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">