• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Must I be involved or can I decline questioning?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janefree

I was recently involved in a scandal with some found money that was turned over to a security guard. I didn't find the money but the party who did wishes to claim finders rights if unclaimed. There is no record that the money was turned in and the description did not fit their personel. I was cooperative at first but now they are telling me that their security cameras show me talk to no man at any time. We are in WV and the amount was $55.00. I don't feel it is worth the hassle of continuing but the other party doesn't want to drop it. The police are being brought in but I feel that once I handed the money to someone else I should be done with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">