• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parent

on 9-13 my son was assualted by the neighborhood bully. on 9-14 the bully approached my son in the same threatening manner and my son assaulted the bully. my son is now charged with simple assualt-we believe it was self-defense. this is his first charge. is this a misdemeanor or felony? do we need a lawyer? can this charge be cleared when he is 18? can this be reduced or maybe dropped if we prove self-defense?

P

philly philly

dont worry about it..your boy will be fine..a little fist fight is no big deal..whatever he gets(if anything at all)..it will be cleared when he is 18..so u should tell your son to go kick his ass good before the hearing
extacyforladies..im out

N

nmlady

I understand your concern. My son had to appear before a judge for a similar offense. It worked out, the folks decided not to press charges and the case was dismissed. Don't follow Philly's advice. Fighting doesn't solve anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">