• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help a Rubbish citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gassed

Thanks for any help you can offer!

I need advice on a non traffic citation in Pa.
I made a mistake and inadvertantly pumped some (aprox 3 gal) diesel fuel into the tank of my restored 65 chevy. I thought it would harm the engine (didn't know better) and asked the clerk for a gas can. She gave me a small bucket (1gallon size)into which I pumped fuel from the gas tank. Knowing not to dump it into the sewer but not knowing what else to do I dumped it onto the ground in some gravel between the station and another building i believed to be abandoned. (dumb I know but I was very upset). A gentleman came out of an adjoining building and asked me to dump it in another area on the same property. I dumped 2 more buckets where he indicated and then was confronted by the police who were called by a different person working in same building as the first guy. I explained to the officer what I had done and that it was a mistake and that I was willing to do Whatever to make it right. The officer took my info,,informed me a cleanup crew would be called and That I would get the bill and that there would be no charges and that I was free to go. After I left a different officer (new guy) showed up and told everyone that they "had to get me" and charge me with something. I Got a citation by mail several days later charged with Pa. Title 18 sec 6501-a1 "scattering rubbish". I have a hearing (plead not guilty) in 48 hours. Does the fact that the investigating officer told me no charges OR the fact that I was told by a rep from the property owner (who by the way didnt file complaint) that I should dump on diff area of same property have any bearing on my situtation? Should I have a lawyer represent me? What are my options?
Really need help with this..I could do up to 90 days :(

Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">