• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cplchas

Tampa, Florida

I am 29, and have never ever been in trouble. Over the last year I have had many personal problems.

I am trying to set up the whole thing, so sorry if I babble. Any how, The last year has been rough. In June it came to a peak when I was diagnosed with a chemical depression. Unfortunatley, the medicine is making me sick from day to day(It is never the same) Fortunatley, I am feeling better. But in the course of this thing, I have made a mess of my life.

I worked at non profit corp at a college in Tampa. Through stupidity, I took $650. I truly did have every intention on returning it. Any how,

When the officers came over on last Wednesday, I felt it was right for me to confess and tell them I did it. II know it was the right thing for me. was arrested and got to step foot in a jail for the very first time. My family has sinced bailed me out. My bail was $2500.

My bond's man said he would call in 4-6 weeks to tell me when my court date is.

I am also making restitution(on my own)tomorrow. I really do want to set this right. You must believe me when I say, I have never done anything like this before in my life. I was Honorably discharged after 6 years in the Marines, Every boss I have had will attest to my sincerest honesty and loyalty. I am a big brother for Big Brothers Big Sisters. I am trying to point out that I am really a nice guy, I just did something stupid.

I really don't know what to expect. Should I get an attorney or let a PA do it. Will I go to jail? I have already found another job, a very good steady one. I don't really know whay my question is, I just wanted some advice on the direction I should take and what to expect.

Regretfully!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You sound remorseful and sincere. Writing it is more difficult than saying it, and you've got me convinced.

1. If you make restitution before your preliminary hearing date, that will look REAL good to the judge.

2. If you can say what you said here to the judge, you'll probably only get "community service" time. At worst, a short jail term - - perhaps 7 days or less, in combination with community service.

3. Myself? I would NEVER use a Public Defender. But then, this isn't too serious of a crime. However, you will be fined, in addition to any sentence, to pay back the court costs and defense attorney fees.

4. Never break the law again - - unless it's an emergency that includes a matter of life or death. But then, you know that now.

Good luck.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">