• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vivian

Someone close to me was recently sent to jail. On the assault charge, it was dropped down to a misdemeanor. He also recieved 30 days in jail for assaulting an officer, which was also dropped to a misdemeanor. He was also charged with obstruction of justice which was dismissed. At the time he was still on probation due to strange circumstances. He was not told of his probation until almost 5 years later due to the fact that they lost his files. Being a commonwealth state I guess it is a normal occurance for them. He was violated on his probation which carries about 7 1/2 years, due to the jail time he recieved on assaulting the officer. Considering he was never charged with any failure to appear or had any capias out on him Will they allow him to recieve a bond or will he stay in Jail until his trial? And since all his charges were dropped down to misdeameanors will he be sent back for the remainder of his time? He was originally found guilty on a robbery charge which is why he is on probation. But his brother who actual did the robbery was not, his case was dismissed even though they had proof that his brother was the one that acted out. My loved one hit the victim in the face due to seperate cicumstances. Please tell what you think on this matter. Here in Virginia I think there is a law that the criminal has no rights because they wont tell him or his family anything. That is why we are seeking outside help. Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">