• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

past trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlr2000

I have a warrant in another state it was from 5 years ago. I was told it is only good in a 200 mile radius I am now about 6 states away it was for illegal use of a credit card. My ex- took my name off the credit card the last time I used it. Do you think they will come to my new hometown to arrest me for that. I am now married again and have a 3yr old and really do not want any trouble

S

sh8249

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jlr2000:
I have a warrant in another state it was from 5 years ago. I was told it is only good in a 200 mile radius I am now about 6 states away it was for illegal use of a credit card. My ex- took my name off the credit card the last time I used it. Do you think they will come to my new hometown to arrest me for that. I am now married again and have a 3yr old and really do not want any trouble<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S

sh8249

KEY word, will they come to my new hometown and arrest me ? Absolutly not. Law enforcement has alot better things to do than process and track down minor offences.

If they know where your at (someone
could call the jurisdiction the offence is in and complain, snitching you out and causing them to notify the locals where you live to pick you up .)

Even though, the charge is yet vaild and on file in all systems. If stopped for a ticket, interviewed because of a complaint, arrested for another offence etc, a check will be made for any outstanding warrents.

Then the investigating party will charge you with the outstanding offence.

You need to get this matter cleared up. It will haunt you forever. And as Murphys
Law dictates, you usually get slammed when you least expect it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">