• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jadajag

my husband is in jail for the third charge this year of poss. of drugs and drug items. he had no prior record. his lawyer has a deal with the procesecuter that offers 1 year jail sentance for each charge and he will not oppose probation. is this a good deal? his lawyer says the worst that could happen is that the judge would give him three years in jail and after 7 months he would be up for parole.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, I don't know personally if this is a good deal or not. It sounds like one if this is his third arrest. Why don't you contact the legal aid foundation in your county and have a criminal defense attorney there help you perhaps. OR go to the freeadvice.com homepage and click on state statutes at the top and see under criminal law/procedure if there are any mandatory sentencing schedules.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">