• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lung cancer death due to cigarettes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jbrodingrn

My 42 yr. old daughter recently died from lung cancer due to smoking. What legal recourse do I have against the tobacco companies?

P

peter

NONE and why should you?

the only one who are entitled to try and sue are really old people like in their 60's and 70's because they started in the 1950's and 60's when their was still tv commercials and no one really knew how bad it was...(oh yes they did)

But your daughter started when she was 16-17 that would have been 1974-1975, and kid back then knew better then to start smoking.

So it is a personal choice and she knew the riks so she should take full responsibility for her actions, even if it killed her.

R

robynz

The Fact that your daadughter chose to smoke that was on her. Not you nobody made her smoke, it was her choice. It's not like yu guys are ignorant to the fact the cigaretts can give you cancer. A lawsuit against a tabacco company would be ridiculos. Sorry

P

philly philly

damn..i cant stand people tryin to sue other people for their own stupidity..i feel sorry for your daughter and all..but the fact that she smoked put her at a high risk for getting cancer and she as well as everybody else in this world know that cancer is usually the outcome of smoking over a period of years

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">