• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paulette

I have a friend that was staying with a
Bishop & his wife while she was undergoing
medication changes, they were to monitor her
seizures and up the medication if the doctor
requested it. My friend woke up with the
Bishop in her bed sexually assaulting her.
She was pretended to be asleep and when he
left the room she ran out of the house and
went home. She went into the hospitol the
next day. What actual legal description
or code does this act violate?

This Bishop also owned the house she & her
family rented, and the Bishop employed her
husband. She was told to keep quiet or else.

Thank you for your help.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Assault, battery, sexual assault, rape?, negligent infliction of emotional distress?

A number of things...trespass into her room maybe. This would be the weakest argument out of those listed above.

A bishop of all people. What has the world come to but hell!
Tell your friend to press charges and sue in civil court, as well! Don't let the criminals get away.

T

Tracey

In Washington: Second degree sexual assault(intercourse with a person the perp knew or should have known was incapable of consenting) with an exceptional sentence for abusing a position of trust & assaulting a victim who was particularly vulnerable.

Also, extortion intended to prevent the reporting of a crime (threat of eviction/termination).

File criminal charges and sue for everything he's got. Sue the church too.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">